HELP Food Collection – Sunday, April 14, 2019
SHARE Food Distribution – Saturday, April 13, 2019
APRIL SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSONS
Unit II: Call to Ministry.
April 7th: Summoned to Service – Matthew 10:1-15;
April 14th: Remembering Good Deeds – Matthew 26: 1-13;
April 21st: Go and Tell – Matthew 28:1-15;
April 28th: A Job to Do – Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 1:6-8.
The April Open Sunday School Program will be held on Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in the Patterson-Gaines Memorial Chapel.
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY
The “My House: A House of Prayer” Bible Study a seven-week series, has started and will continue through Wednesday, May 15th. Sessions will take place in Rooms 303/304/305 at 12:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. The Prayer Ministry is sponsoring the inspiring series that will be facilitated by Deacon Barbara Whitehead. For additional information, contact Deacon Barbara M. Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 722-4020.
The Maundy Thursday Joint Worship Service with First Baptist and Ivy Baptist will take place on Thursday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m. here at First Baptist. Reverend Dr. Kevin Swann will serve as guest preacher and the FBCH and Ivy Baptist Combined Choirs will minister in song.
WALK WITH THE CROSS
The Annual Walk with the Cross Commemoration will begin here at First Baptist on Friday, April 19, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The Resurrection Morning Worship Service will take place on Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 10:15 a.m. Please join us as we celebrate our Risen Savior.
65TH ANNUAL LOTT CAREY YOUTH SEMINAR
SPREAD THE WORD! It’s that time again! The 65th Annual Lott Carey Youth Seminar will take place June 22-27, 2019 and will be held at Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Copies of the Registration Packet are available in the mail slot just outside of the Administrative Office. The required documents for participation include:
- 65th Annual Youth Seminar Registration Form
- The Health History Form (Must be completed by a physician)
- Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment Form (This form must be notarized). You may have the forms notarized in our Administrative Office Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note: The Administrative Office closes for lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- FBCH Parental/Guardian of a Minor Consent and Liability Waiver Release Form
- FBCH Parent Permission Form For Field Trips, Activities and Transportation Form
- Items Attendees Will Need List (Please review and keep this form)
- Youth Seminar Code of Conduct (Please review and keep this form)
- The Youth Seminar Schedule (Please review and keep this form)
Youth Seminar participants must be at least 14 years of age by
Tuesday, December 31, 2019 to participate.
Please submit the fully completed application documents to Sister Jacquelyn King on or before Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Do not email the forms.
All questions or concerns should be directed to Sister King via email at email@example.com or via telephone at (757) 723-0988, Ext. 14. Thank you for your interest and compliance, and we look forward to another year of worship, fellowship and fun with our Lott Carey Youth Partners!
Calendar of Events:
March 9 : Women’s Bible Study @ 9:00 am in Patterson-Gaines Chapel
March 10: Women’s Day Choir sign-up
March 17: April 28: Women’s Day Luncheon registration each Sunday after service
May 4: Women’s Day Luncheon 12:00 pm, Guest Speaker – Rev. Cheryl Ivey-Green
May 5: Women’s Day Service 10:15 am, Guest Speaker- Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd
June TBD: Habitat for Humanity Build Day