Fine Art Ministry
Fine Arts @ The First
Art is a wonderful and effective way to connect people by allowing us to express our passion through this genre and our love for God with all the talents he has given us. These visual art exhibits will provide a creative outlet for members and non-members of First Baptist Church of Hampton and increase interest from the community at large.
These oil and watercolor paintings, sculptures, photographs, and textiles will provide an opportunity to share and engage parishioners. This is creative evangelism.
Due to the covid 19 virus, the Fine Arts programs planned to be held at the First Baptist Church could not take place onsite. As we observe safe distancing, please enjoy the first virtual online exhibit, “Our Beautiful World” https://artspaces.kunstmatrix.com/en/exhibition/2005184/poetry-Jackson-our-beautiful-world#
LaJae Essence, known publicly as Poetry Jackson, is a professional artist who specializes in versatile visual arts and paintings. She is a poet, performer and visual artist. Ms. Essence is also the Founder of Artkive Mural Group (AMG) and holds the Public Relations Chair for the Visual Arts Advancement Collective (VAAC). In addition to her ability to teach and creatively inspire artists around the world, which includes her Parisian Art Museum Tour, Ms. Essence has collaborated with photographers to display expressive Parisian body art. Along with her extensive list of accomplishments, Ms. Essence has been an honorary guest for many fine art shows and events for years in private and public settings. LaJae continues to aspire to remain purposeful in the art community. Her creative process empowers artists to be inspirational leaders. Her goal is to create work that stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding.
This is a solo exhibit expressing the vibrant visuals and colors of the Beautiful World in which we dwell, as interpreted through the eyes of painter Poetry Jackson. The 25 pieces were inspired by the pressure of our neighborhood and the world trying to survive the pandemic. These pieces focus on the natural beauty we see around us. Ms. Jackson’s art is available for purchase via her website: www.Poetryjackson.com.
First Baptist Church of Hampton is authorized to include the “Our Beautiful World” collection in this virtual exhibit (the “Virtual Display”). The artist expressly retains all ownership rights and derivative rights. The web site and the contents thereof are protected worldwide by copyright and related intellectual property rights. All images remain the property of the artist, Poetry Jackson, and may not be reproduced, downloaded, linked to, copied or edited without the express written permission of the artist. Programs, files, contents or hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as is without any expressed or implied warranty.
FBCH Audio Visual Ministry
- To glorify Christ through the use of technology by enhancing the worship, preaching, and teaching of God’s Word
- Provides sound, video and media for all worship services and events
- Digital recordings of events for church archives
- Production and distribution of service related media
- Trains volunteers and interns in audio visuals
Contact Brother John Brooks, Jr. @ 757-723-0988 ext. 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liturgical Dance Ministry
The Dance Ministry is guided by Psalm 149:3, “Let us praise His name with the dance.” The purpose is to minister to through expressive movement performed to sacred and contemporary music designed to uplift and inspire others during the worship experience.
The Dance Ministry consists of eight groups whose focus is praising God through unique movement styles. These groups include:
- God’s Angels – Children in grades 1-5 who dance to praise and worship God and celebrate His goodness.
- Praise ‘N Motion – Children in grades 6-12 who believe that all who see us in motion will experience the fullness of God.
- Wings of Praise – Adult women who are dedicated to expressing the love of God and offering praise through dance.
- Silver/Platinum/Gold – Senior women who bring others to God as they give Him honor, glory and praise with the backdrop of old standard hymns, spirituals, and gospel.
- Intergenerational – Adults and youths, whose appeal is to all ages as they dance to the glory of God.
- Men of Valor – Men of the church who have dedicated themselves to praising God through dance by using their gifts in their own unique style.
- United Grace – Married couples who minister to others by expressing their love for God and each other through movement.
- Mime – Adults and youths who share and act out a spiritual message, with music and without speech
- Minister at worship services
- Annual Concert
- Minister on other occasions as invited
Contact Trustee Jean Braxton, Director: email@example.com
The Choirs of First Baptist Church of Hampton are an integral part of our music ministry. Each Sunday morning and throughout the week they minister with excellence. We are proud that our choirs are eclectic. FBCH enjoys all genres of sacred music!
Contact Brother Milton Marriott, Minister of Worship & Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serves as one of the church’s official greeters
- Ushers, directs and assists parishioners
- Distributes resource materials
- Receives offerings, tithes and gifts
- Maintains orderly movement before, during and after church services
- Sponsors bi-annual training retreat
Contact Sister Theora Rankins, President: Info@thefbch.org