Fine Art Ministry
Fine Arts @ The First
Art is a wonderful and effective way to connect people by allowing us to express our passion through this genre and our love for God with all the talents he has given us. These visual art exhibits will provide a creative outlet for members and non-members of First Baptist Church of Hampton and increase interest from the community at large.
These oil and watercolor paintings, sculptures, photographs, and textiles will provide an opportunity to share and engage parishioners. This is creative evangelism.
Due to the covid 19 virus, the Fine Arts programs planned to be held at the First Baptist Church could not take place onsite. As we observe safe distancing, please enjoy this virtual online exhibit, https://artspaces.kunstmatrix.com/en/exhibition/5437117/works-of-leland-sharp.
The Works of Leland Sharp
When speaking of a unique and original Artist who deserves to be on your radar you would want to remember the name Leland Sharp. This New York native is adding immeasurably to the artistic dialogue with his unique visual arts portraits and paintings. His iridescent hyperrealism abstract portraits are simple, yet visually appealing installations. They blanket the emotions of his works with a 3D sparkling vitality of color and are always eye-catchey.
Leland was very fortunate to be mentored by many greats, such as Jazz vibraphonist Roy Ayers, Big Band Leader Illinois Jacquet, and his legendary godfather, vocalist Brook Benton. Often referred to as “The Renaissance Man, Leland has enriched the world over time through various forms of writing, music production, photography, hair styling, interior decorating, and over 30 years of promotions in special event coordination.
When asked about life so far, he simply said “I love to create, and I love everything I see and feel about creation.” In an interview in New York at his exhibit in his hometown of Queens, Leland was stated as saying,” I don’t sell art, I sell emotion”.
First Baptist Church of Hampton is authorized to include the “Works of Leland Sharp” collection in this virtual exhibit (the “Virtual Display”). The artist expressly retains all ownership rights and derivative rights. The web site and the contents thereof are protected worldwide by copyright and related intellectual property rights. All images remain the property of the artist, Leland Sharp, and may not be reproduced, downloaded, linked to, copied or edited without the express written permission of the artist. Programs, files, contents or hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as is without any expressed or implied warranty.
FBCH Technical Ministries
- To glorify Christ through the use of technology by enhancing the worship, preaching, and teaching of God’s Word
- Provides sound, video and media for all worship services and events
- Digital recordings of events for church archives
- Production and distribution of service related media
- Trains volunteers and interns in audio visuals
Contact Brother John Brooks, Jr. @ 757-723-0988 ext. 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liturgical Dance Ministry
The Dance Ministry is guided by Psalm 149:3, “Let us praise His name with the dance.” The purpose is to minister to through expressive movement performed to sacred and contemporary music designed to uplift and inspire others during the worship experience.
The Dance Ministry consists of eight groups whose focus is praising God through unique movement styles. These groups include:
- God’s Angels – Children in grades 1-5 who dance to praise and worship God and celebrate His goodness.
- Praise ‘N Motion – Children in grades 6-12 who believe that all who see us in motion will experience the fullness of God.
- Wings of Praise – Adult women who are dedicated to expressing the love of God and offering praise through dance.
- Silver/Platinum/Gold – Senior women who bring others to God as they give Him honor, glory and praise with the backdrop of old standard hymns, spirituals, and gospel.
- Intergenerational – Adults and youths, whose appeal is to all ages as they dance to the glory of God.
- Men of Valor – Men of the church who have dedicated themselves to praising God through dance by using their gifts in their own unique style.
- United Grace – Married couples who minister to others by expressing their love for God and each other through movement.
- Mime – Adults and youths who share and act out a spiritual message, with music and without speech
- Minister at worship services
- Annual Concert
- Minister on other occasions as invited
Contact Trustee Jean Braxton, Director: email@example.com
The Choirs of First Baptist Church of Hampton are an integral part of our music ministry. Each Sunday morning and throughout the week they minister with excellence. We are proud that our choirs are eclectic. FBCH enjoys all genres of sacred music!
- Serves as one of the church’s official greeters
- Ushers, directs and assists parishioners
- Distributes resource materials
- Receives offerings, tithes and gifts
- Maintains orderly movement before, during and after church services
- Sponsors bi-annual training retreat
Contact Sister Theora Rankins, President: Info@thefbch.org